Alaska Airlines Study Guide Questions
These study guide questions were submitted by real pilots who actually interviewed with Alaska Airlines
- What is Turb. penetration speed on your last aircraft.
- What are the differences between ALSF1 and ALSF2 lighting systems?
ALSF has two side row red bars, usually associated with CAT 2.
- What kind of airspace is around LAX?
Class B. Very congested airspace.
- Can you intentionally fly a turbojet beneath Class B?
- What are Cat 1 mins?
200 AGL and 1/2 sm
- Have you ever had a significant disagreement with another pilot?
Night flight…Cap and I disagreed on the sole use of ForeFlight radar data when making deviation decision into IAD. He was very comfortable accepting and making decisions off of the ForeFlight data alone, I was not. I strongly suggested that in the interest of safety and the comfort of our passengers, we go around and not shoot a gap. That decision added maybe as much as 10 minutes to the flight. We’ve established a new rule on our account, if you can’t agree, the safest approach wins.
Yes, I had a time another pilot wanted me to land in the face of a building thunderstorm and I politely said no.
- What do you do in your free time?
weight lifting, antiqueing and repurposing antiques, photography, guitar
- What’s your choice of base?
LAX, SFO, SEA
PDX or Seattle
- What’s your equipment preference?
- What would you do if Alaska didn’t hire you?
Read 180 Interview Experiences for Alaska Airlines from other Pilots!
Feedback from: John L
(Hired at Alaska Airlines)
Good descriptions of interview processes and accurate questions.
Mar 28, 2023