Cathay Pacific Study Guide Questions
These study guide questions were submitted by real pilots who actually interviewed with Cathay Pacific
- Why not the military?
Military wasn't required
- Did you always want to be a pilot?
- You look young, what do you tell passengers who comment about your age?
- How do we know you are competent to fly a B747 into ANC at night in blowing snow and ice, especially considering your young age and maturity level?
- What does your wife do?
- How much money do you two make?
I doubt they will ask you this question.
- Would you be willing to consider yourself for a DESO position in HKG?
They might ask you this, but if you are attending an FO interview, I don't think you have to say yes to profess your loyalty to Cathay and Hong Kong. If you are interviewing for an FO position at one of their foreign freighter, than that is the only position you need to show a serious interest in.
- Have you applied anywhere else?
Just be honest on this one. If you are in the job hunt, it's normal to apply to several companies. It's great to tell them that Cathay is your top choice, but it would be suspect to say Cathay is your only choice.
- What would you do if XXX airlines offered you a class date that you cannot move back if it was before the second interview with CX, and we cannot move the second interview forward?
- Tell me about the housing situation in HKG and their prices?
I doubt they will ask this question.
Read 52 Interview Experiences for Cathay Pacific from other Pilots!
Feedback from: Hasso H
Interview and experience questions asked.
Mar 28, 2023